Thursday, July 4, 2019

Treatments 2 & 3- Loosing my hair, no wigs for this mama!

Hello world!

I'm back after a rough treatment 2!

Not sure why treatment two was so difficult on my body, but I'm glad that's behind me, and I had treatment three on Friday June 28th. So far, I'm doing a little better than treatment two on June 14th.

The Saturday and Sunday after treatment two, I was loosing a ton of hair. It was decided to let Eric run crazy with the scissors and shaver.  Although I won't show all the photos (gotta keep some things private), I will share a few photos with you.


Here is a shot of all the hair I lost on Sunday June 15th after I brushed my hair that morning.




Here is a full head shot of my thinning hair. I probably could have made it another week, but I was tired of finding my hair absolutely everywhere!



Decided to show a photo of my old head scar from when I had my brain tumor removed in 2007. It actually looks pretty good.  My neurosurgeon (Dr. Change @ Stanford) did a fabulous job and saved my life!  I will be forever thankful for his knowledge, skill, and kindness.




So, I had decided on wearing a wig after shaving my head, but that just didn't work! My dad always said I had a weird shaped head and well I guess he was right!  After having it on for about 1 hour I thought my head was going to explode! It reminded me of that old bra commercial where the girls are holding their bra's out the window yelling, "This bra doesn't fit! And I'm not wearing it any more!".  I did that with my wig!!!  Off it came, and I started wearing scarves and hats instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment